24. A Conversation with Tween Boys
Tess Connolly, LCSW talks with 3 tween boys about what it’s like to be a tween; their struggles, joys and how they cope with the stress of middle school.
- Tess introduces the episode and gives her thoughts about quality time and how important this is in our relationships and connecting with our tweens.
- Tess talks to the boys about what it is like to be a tween and they share their struggles with school and balancing school and life at home.
- They talk about what they enjoy about being a tween and that they like the fact that they begin to get a bit more freedom at this age and they discuss what life is like socially for them as a tween at school.
- They talk about being judged at school and how they manage this situation.
- They share what they feel parents of tweens should know about how to treat their children as they enter their tween years.
- They discuss how their lives have changed as they have entered the tween years and how they are building trust between them and their parents and how this then leads to them gaining more freedom and taking on more responsibilities.
- They talk about what makes them feel most connected with their family.
- They are most grateful for (Casey) - Family, friends and having good food and good water (Will) - Family, friends and opportunities (Graham) - Going to school after the pandemic.
Connect with Therese (Tess) Connolly, LCSW, CCC here: [email protected]
Want on-going parenting support with your tweens and teens?
Get on the Parenting Reset Membership Waitlist here: The Parenting Reset Membership Waitlist