123. Managing Parental Stress: Strengthening Your Skills for Raising Tweens and Teens
Join host Tess Connolly LCSW in an enlightening conversation with Dr. Mitch Abblett, a private practice clinical psychologist, author, consultant, and national/international speaker. Dr. Abblett's latest book,...View Episode
122. Creating a Safer Online World for our Tweens and Teens: What Parents Need to Know!
Join host Tess Connolly LCSW as she engages in an enlightening conversation with special guest Jessica Speer. Award-winning author of BFF or NRF (Not Really Friends)? A Girls Guide to Happy Friendships and Middle...View Episode
121. Courageous Parenthood: A Path of Self-Discovery
Join host Tess Connolly LCSW as she engages in an enlightening conversation with special guest Glenda Lane. She teaches women who feel confined and exhausted by trying to do it all, that there is another way with more...View Episode
120. The 4 Best Tips When Your Going Through an IEP for Your Tween or Teen.
Join host Tess Connolly LCSW as she engages in an enlightening conversation with special guest Heather Wright, M.Ed. With over 16 years of experience, Heather is a seasoned special education consultant who...View Episode
119. How Can I Provide a Supportive Environment that Empowers my Tween Girl to Embrace her Unique Journey?
In this episode, join host Tess Connolly LCSW along with special guests Becky Fife, Katie Parker, and Allie Callister who are the minds behind "I Believe in Me," an innovative online membership program designed for...View Episode
118. Understanding Why You and Your Teen Keep Fighting about the Same Thing; Learn About your Family's Dynamics
Join Tess Connolly LCSW and Justine Carino a licensed mental health counsellor, anxiety treatment specialist and host of “Thoughts from the Couch” podcast on this insightful episode as they unravel the complexities of...View Episode
117. The Key to Great Parenting lies more in the Behavior of the Parents rather than the Behavior of Their Child.
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Andee Martineau, a reformed yeller, a bestselling author, and the creator of Connect Method Parenting. Today on the podcast we discuss a poem by John Roedel and focus on connection and...View Episode
116. Sleep to Heal: Empowering Ourselves and Our Tweens and Teens with the Secret of Optimal Rest and Rejuvenation
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Dr Abhinav Singh,a physician with board certifications in sleep medicine and internal medicine. Currently, Dr. Singh serves as medical director at the Indiana Sleep Center, accredited by...View Episode
115. Amazing Money Strategies for Single Moms (& Dads) Who Want to Prepare for a Secure Financial Future after Divorce
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Stacy Francis, Stacy is the President and CEO of Francis Financial a fee-only boutique wealth management, financial planning and divorce financial planning firm dedicated to providing...View Episode
114. Connect Parent Method: Discover How to Connect to your Tween or Teen with 3 Simple Skills
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Andee Martineau, a reformed yeller, a bestselling author, and the creator of Connect Method Parenting. Today on the podcast we discuss this strategy that helps parents stay calm,...View Episode
113. Tips for Planning for College for Single Parents
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Brad Baldridge, one of the nation’s leading college financial planning experts. Today on the podcast we talk about ways to manage planning for your child beginning college as single...View Episode
109. How to Talk So Your Teens will Listen, and How to Listen So Your Teens will Talk
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Laura Lyles Reagan, a Sociologist who has worked in youth development and parent education. Her approach, called ‘Co-Creation’ helps teens and parents grow the skills they need for...View Episode