81. Sleep Skills for Tweens and Teens
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Missy Morrison Charko, a Certified Pediatric Sleep Sense™ Consultant and Founder of Say Yes to the Rest Pediatric Sleep Consulting. They discuss the importance of sleep and how we can start to establish better sleep patterns for our tween/teens ensuring they are getting enough sleep every night so everyone can be a better version of themselves.
- Missy introduces herself and tells us a bit about the one to one work she does with families.
- Tess and Missy discuss how vital sleep is in our lives and how sleep patterns change through the stages of development.
- Tess and Missy talk about healthy sleep and the importance of making sure we have enough sleep.
- Missy tells us about why having sleep is important and the negative effects we can notice when we are not getting enough.
- Tess and Missy discuss mental health and conditions such as ADHD and how it is important to ensure that the problems are not stemming from any other physical factors and this includes lack of sleep before proceeding with looking at a diagnosis.
- Tess and Missy talk about the importance of a good sleep routine.
- Missy tells us about the amount of sleep that our tweens/teens should be having each night.
- Missy tells us how we can establish healthy sleep patterns with our children.
- Tess and Missy talk about going back to school and how we navigate getting our children back on track with their sleep patterns and ensure we set good boundaries.
- Tess and Missy talk about the importance of modelling this behaviour ourselves to our tween and teens.
- Tess and Missy discuss screen time and sleep and what boundaries we should be setting around this.
- Missy touches on sleep apnea and what we can do if we think our children might suffer with this.
- Missy is most grateful for the ability to help families whilst being present for her own family.
Sign up for the Tech Reset Masterclass here: https://mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/tech-reset-masterclass
⭐️Join MKF weekly Parenting Journal here: Mindful Kids and Families Journal
(Get ready for lessons, podcast leads, offers for parents and ways to win free parent coaching or masterclasses)
📧Connect with Therese (Tess) Connolly, LCSW, CCC here: [email protected]
Need 1:1 Support? Book right here to connect with Tess for a 20 minute FREE “Parent Reset” session: https://calendly.com/mindfulkidsandfamilies/20discover
💫Want support from other parents in an authentic community? Get on the Parenting Reset Membership Waitlist here: The Parenting Reset Membership Waitlist!🙌