82. Social Media Use with Tweens and Teens
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Dr. Melanie McNally, PsyD, who is a licensed clinical psychologist about living with social media through the tween and teen years.
- Melanie introduces herself and tells us a bit about her story and how she came to work with tweens and teens.
- Tess and Melanie talk about their enjoyment of working with tweens and teens.
- Melanie shares information about Gen Z and its meaning.
- Tess and Melanie discuss social media and the impact on our tweens and teens.
- Tess and Melanie speak about the positives of social media and how it can help some tweens and teens feel less isolated.
- Tess and Melanie talk about ways we can discuss with our tweens and teens about putting limits on social media use and they offer us some tips on how we can start to tackle this with our children.
- Melanie talks about the benefits of talking about social media with our tweens and teens and asking them about what they are watching and what they have created or commented on, within your daily conversation so it is part of the discussion and in doing this it will help for you to be more open and communicative about social media as a family.
- Tess and Melanie talk about what to do when your tweens and teens are not quite ready for social media and signs we can look for that may show they are not ready to use devices.
- Melanie shares with us about parents feeling overwhelmed with all the information about device usage and she offers the advice that parents know their own child best and that it is important to work out what is right for your individual child.
- Melanie is most grateful for the forest where she lives and seeing the beautiful fall colours.
You can learn more about Dr Melanie McNally here - destinationyou.net.
Sign up for the Tech Reset Masterclass here: https://mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/tech-reset-masterclass
⭐️Join MKF weekly Parenting Journal here: Mindful Kids and Families Journal
(Get ready for lessons, podcast leads, offers for parents and ways to win free parent coaching or masterclasses)
📧Connect with Therese (Tess) Connolly, LCSW, CCC here: [email protected]
Need 1:1 Support? Book right here to connect with Tess for a 20 minute FREE “Parent Reset” session: https://calendly.com/mindfulkidsandfamilies/20discover
💫Want support from other parents in an authentic community? Get on the Parenting Reset Membership Waitlist here: The Parenting Reset Membership Waitlist!🙌