88. Highly sensitive parents and using thought model for our teens
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Adrienne Bishop, a Life and Parent Coach specializing in helping highly sensitive moms parent their highly sensitive kids.
- Adrienne introduces herself and tells us how she got into helping highly sensitive parents and kids.
- Adrienne explains what a highly sensitive parent looks like and gives an explanation of the acronym DOES and what that stands for.
- Tess and Adrienne talk about speaking out for help if you see these traits in yourself.
- Adrienne talks about how she can help parents that are highly sensitive. Speaking about different strategies that can help with your parenting.
- Tess and Adrienne discuss observational detachment and Adrienne gives examples of this.
- Tess and Adrienne talk about the ‘thought model’ and Adrienne talks about how we can use this to help our parenting. Tess also shares an example from her own parenting.
- Adrienne talks about ‘safety’ which is one of the areas that highly sensitive parents experience. She gives some examples of this and how she works with parents to help with this aspect of parenting.
- Tess and Adrienne talk about the moments when we feel worn down as a parent and what we can do when we are experiencing this and she shares an example of how she helped a client work through this.
- Tess and Adrienne talk about the importance of self-care for parents. Adrienne offers some ways we can fit this into our day.
- Adrienne is most grateful for putting her message out into the world.
Learn more about Caroline here 👉 www.adriennebishopcoaching.com
Follow Caroline here
👉Sign up for the next Tech Reset Masterclass here: https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/tech-reset-masterclass-page
⭐️Join MKF weekly Parenting Journal here: https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/join-the-family (Get ready for lessons, podcast leads, offers for parents, and ways to win free parent coaching or masterclasses)
📧Connect with Therese (Tess) Connolly, LCSW, CCC here: [email protected]
Need 1:1 Support? Book right here to connect with Tess for a 30-minute FREE “Parent Reset” session : https://calendly.com/mindfulkidsandfamilies/30min
💫Want support from other parents in an authentic community? Join The Parenting Reset Membership waitlist and be the first to know when it opens for new members! https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/parenting-reset-membership-waitlist 🙌