89. Forgotten Fathers
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Carla Crivaro who is a certified and trauma-informed Sex, Love & Relationship Coach about fathers and men, “The Forgotton Father”.
- Carla introduces herself and talks about how she has come to work with fathers and men.
- Carla talks about what “The Forgotten Father” is.
- Tess and Carla discuss the importance of parents working together as a team.
- Carla talks about the people that come to her for help and she gives some examples of their needs.
- Tess and Carla talk about the isolation that Fathers can sometimes feel.
- Carla shares with us about how we can move forward from this and help Fathers feel involved in family decisions.
- Tess and Carla talk about the importance of showing our tweens and teens how to behave within our relationships and showing up as good role models for our children.
- Carla talks about the role of the Father being so important.
- Carla talks to us about how we start to look into and work with our relationships with the Fathers in our families and also how Fathers can approach this if they are feeling isolated within their family.
- Tess and Carla talk about the importance of having a conversation about the way you are parenting together. Tess and Carla give some examples of how we can talk with our partner and open the conversation.
- Carla talks about the importance of checking in with our partner, that our parenting is constantly changing as our children grow.
- Carla talks about the importance of expressing your desires within your relationship and being open in those conversations.
- Tess and Carla speak about when we shift our dynamics within our relationships after putting out our expectations and sharing our desires.
- Tess and Carla talk about the importance of accepting an apology when someone is saying sorry and receiving this apology with sincerity.
- Carla is most grateful for having these conversations and seeing a huge shift globally of people wanting to work through their own stuff and being able to connect with people globally that are working together to help people in their own growth
Learn more about Carla here 👉 Home | Carla Crivaro SEX, LOVE & RELATIONSHIPS
👉Sign up for the next Tech Reset Masterclass here: https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/tech-reset-masterclass-page
⭐️Join MKF weekly Parenting Journal here: https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/join-the-family (Get ready for lessons, podcast leads, offers for parents, and ways to win free parent coaching or masterclasses)
📧Connect with Therese (Tess) Connolly, LCSW, CCC here: [email protected]
Need 1:1 Support? Book right here to connect with Tess for a 30-minute FREE “Parent Reset” session : https://calendly.com/mindfulkidsandfamilies/30min
💫Want support from other parents in an authentic community? Join The Parenting Reset Membership waitlist and be the first to know when it opens for new members! https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/parenting-reset-membership-waitlist 🙌