97. How to Build Confidence in our Tweens and Teens
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Shaista Fatehali is a teacher, counselor and coach for parents and children about building confidence with our children.
- Shaista introduces herself and tells us how she got into the work she does.
- Shaista offers her tips and strategies to help build confidence with our tweens and teens.
- Shaista shares with us an exercise to help us look at ours and our children's comfort zones.
- Tess and Shaista discuss the benefits of looking at how we can stretch our child’s comfort zones in tiny steps to help build confidence.
- Tess and Shaista speak about visualisation and how we can use this to help build a neuro-pathway.
- Tess and Shaista talk about standing back and letting our children figure out problems for themselves which helps them grow in confidence and independence.
- Shaista talks about appreciating the effort that children put in on their journey and celebrate these accomplishments.
- Tess and Shaista discuss the importance of giving trust to your children when they are problem solving and trying new things.Offering encouragement to solve these challenges for themselves and guiding and coaching as parents.
- Tess and Shaista talk about parents providing challenges and how we do this whilst increasing confidence.
- Shaista is most grateful for her family, health and being here in the present moment.
Learn more about Shaista here 👉 Life Coaching for Children - THRIVE KIDS! (thrivekidsbc.ca)
👉Sign up for the next Tech Reset Masterclass here: https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/tech-reset-masterclass-page
⭐️Join MKF weekly Parenting Journal here: https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/join-the-family (Get ready for lessons, podcast leads, offers for parents, and ways to win free parent coaching or masterclasses)
📧Connect with Therese (Tess) Connolly, LCSW, CCC here: [email protected]
Need 1:1 Support? Book right here to connect with Tess for a 30-minute FREE “Parent Reset” session : https://calendly.com/mindfulkidsandfamilies/30min
💫Want support from other parents in an authentic community? Join The Parenting Reset Membership waitlist and be the first to know when it opens for new members! https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/parenting-reset-membership-waitlist 🙌