98. Learn Steps to Listen Without Judgement and Focus on Communication with Your Tweens and Teens
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Elise Knox, a life and wellness coach, yoga teacher, and former middle school teacher who works with moms and teens. They discuss building connections between parents and tweens/teens through these years of change.
- Elise introduces herself and tells us about the work she does with Moms and teens.
- Tess and Elise talk about coaching parents and teens to help with their connection.
- They discuss challenges that clients are going through.
- They speak about the importance of connection between parents and tweens and teens through all the changes that happen over the years.
- They speak about ways that can help through this time of change.
- Elise shares her motto for her business and tells us the meaning of her motto.
- Tess and Elise talk about the importance of parents healing their trauma.
- Elise shares with us what the tweens and teens she works with wish that their parents understood.
- Elise shares her tips for parents to help them respond to their teens rather than react.
- Tess and Elise talk about the guide and coach approach.
- They discuss those times when we as parents mess up and how we should handle this situation.
- Elise shares her top tips for parents connecting with your tweens and teens.
- Elise is most grateful for her daughters and loves the work that she does as she sees this as not only helping her clients but also helping her relationship with her daughters as they move through the teen years.
Learn more about Elise here 👉 Elise Knox | Connection Coach
👉Sign up for the next Tech Reset Masterclass here: https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/tech-reset-masterclass-page
⭐️Join MKF weekly Parenting Journal here: https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/join-the-family (Get ready for lessons, podcast leads, offers for parents, and ways to win free parent coaching or masterclasses)
📧Connect with Therese (Tess) Connolly, LCSW, CCC here: [email protected]
Need 1:1 Support? Book right here to connect with Tess for a 30-minute FREE “Parent Reset” session : https://calendly.com/mindfulkidsandfamilies/30min
💫Want support from other parents in an authentic community? Join The Parenting Reset Membership waitlist and be the first to know when it opens for new members! https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/parenting-reset-membership-waitlist 🙌