99. Sleep! Why it's so Important - from a Sleep Doctor
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Dr. Abhinav Singh,a physician with board certifications in sleep medicine and internal medicine. Currently, Dr. Singh serves as medical director at the Indiana Sleep Center, accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is also a clinical assistant professor at Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he developed and teaches a sleep medicine rotation to medical students. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and has received a Top Doctor award in sleep medicine for the last four years. Dr. Singh is a peer reviewer for the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine and Sleep Health (a journal of the National Sleep Foundation). A sleep physician for the NBA team the Indiana Pacers, Dr. Singh also serves on the medical review panel of SleepFoundation.org.
Charlotte Jensen co-authored with Dr. Singh Sleep to Heal: 7 Simple Steps to Better Sleep, coming out in June 2023. Charlotte is a writer and editor specializing in technology, marketing, business, and the arts. For more than a decade, Jensen worked as senior writer, articles editor, and executive editor for Entrepreneur magazine, where she took a leading role in shaping editorial content and direction for the award-winning national consumer magazine and its readership of 1.2 million. Jensen’s work has been featured in HuffPost, AOL Small Business, and a variety of small-business websites, and she is currently a copy editor for luxe lifestyle brand RH (Restoration Hardware). She has also provided first-draft edits for several nonfiction books, including Fight Cancer With Vitamins and Supplements: A Guide to Prevention and Treatment (Healing Arts Press). Jensen has a B.A. in Journalism from California State University, Long Beach. She lives & works in the San Francisco metro area.
- Dr. Abhinav Singh shares how their book came about and tells us how he came to specialize in ‘sleep’.
- They talk about the importance of sleep.
- Dr. Abhinav Singh explains how sleep works and helps us and our health.
- They talk about night waking and how we can deal with this and how it can affect us.
- They discuss sleep trackers and what Dr. Abhinav Singh thinks about them.
- Dr. Abhinav Singh talks about how much sleep our teens require.
- They discuss devices at bedtime and the effect on sleep for tweens and teens.
- They talk about the best ambient temperature when sleeping.
- They speak about dreaming and what dreams can mean.
- Dr. Abhinav Singh talks about their book and shares with us a little insight into what it includes.
- Dr. Abhinav Singh shares with us his experience of doing his TEDx-style talk ‘What would you do for $13.5 million?’
- Dr. Abhinav Singh is most grateful to be able to help people to regain their health, a wonderful supportive family and co-author Charlotte Jensen.
Get the book here 👉 Sleep to Heal: 7 Simple Steps to Better Sleep: Singh M.D. M.P.H. F.A.A.S.M., Abhinav, Jensen, Charlotte: 9781630062347: Amazon.com: Books
Listen to Dr. Abhinav Singh’ TEDx-style talk here 👉 (25) What would you do for $13.5 million ? - YouTube
👉Sign up for the next Tech Reset Masterclass here: https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/tech-reset-masterclass-page
⭐️Join MKF weekly Parenting Journal here: https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/join-the-family (Get ready for lessons, podcast leads, offers for parents, and ways to win free parent coaching or masterclasses)
📧Connect with Therese (Tess) Connolly, LCSW, CCC here: [email protected]
Need 1:1 Support? Book right here to connect with Tess for a 30-minute FREE “Parent Reset” session : https://calendly.com/mindfulkidsandfamilies/30min
💫Want support from other parents in an authentic community? Join The Parenting Reset Membership waitlist and be the first to know when it opens for new members! https://www.mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/parenting-reset-membership-waitlist 🙌