73. Love to Learn Study Skills program for teens
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Jessyka Coulter the CEO and Founder of Ace Cookie Tutoring. They talk about the 9/10 study skills that Jessyka teaches in her ‘love to learn’ program, they break the steps down and look at what skills we need to focus on with our tween and teens. Helping our children build habits of time management, goal setting and help with motivation.
- Jessyka introduces herself and talks about the work that she does and about her company.
- She talks about her ‘love to learn’ program and what it includes.
- They talk about the importance of learning and finding out what type of learner each individual child is and how having this information can help each child learn more efficiently.
- Tess and Jessyka discuss the importance of learning study skills so they can reach their full potential and cope within the school environment
- Jessyka goes through the study skills that she teaches in her program and the importance of having them in their skill set.
- Jessyka and Tess talk about the importance of note taking and how this is a tough skill but an important one. They speak about how this is an important life skill to learn, that will not only help them in school but also through life.
- Tess and Jessyka discuss organization and how we can help them to find what techniques can work for them.
- Tess and Jessyka speak about the importance of building good habits in the tween years.
- Jessyka talks about goal setting and how this can give them a focus.
- Tess and Jessyka speak about how we can get our tweens and teens motivated to learn.
- Jessyka offers tips on how we can help our tweens and teens retain information which is a key part of study within their school lives.
- Tess and Jessyka list some soft skills and speak about how they can benefit from learning them.
- Jessyka is most grateful for her family and their help and encouragement through graduation and going to college and starting her business Ace.
Find out more about Jessyka’s programme here - Study Like a Valedictorian | Ace Cookie Tutoring
Find out more through Jessyka’s Facebook page - (2) Ace Cookie Tutoring | Facebook
Sign up for the Tech Reset Masterclass here: https://mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/tech-reset-masterclass
⭐️Join MKF weekly Parenting Journal here: Mindful Kids and Families Journal
(Get ready for lessons, podcast leads, offers for parents and ways to win free parent coaching or masterclasses)
📧Connect with Therese (Tess) Connolly, LCSW, CCC here: [email protected]
Need 1:1 Support? Book right here to connect with Tess for a 20 minute FREE “Parent Reset” session: https://calendly.com/mindfulkidsandfamilies/20discover