71. Navigating Middle School Years
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Jessica Speer an award-winning author of BFF or NRF (Not Really Friends)? A Girls Guide to Happy Friendships and Middle School – Safety Goggles Advised. Today they will be discussing her book Middle School - Safety Goggles advised which is all about navigating middle school.
- Jessica introduces herself and tells us a little bit about her experience and how she came to write her books for pre-teens and teens.
- Tess and Jessica talk about what the book is about and how it can help our tweens and teens.
- Tess and Jessica discuss the shift that takes place for our children during Middle School.
- Jessica shares with us about her time doing research and what she found out from the tweens and teens that she worked with.
- Tess and Jessica talk about the word “popularity” and how this plays a part in our child’s lives when they go through middle school.
- Tess and Jessica talk about relationships throughout middle school and how tween and teens can navigate this time.
- Tess and Jessica speak about crushes and dating through middle school and what this means for our children at this time in their life.
- Tess and Jessica discuss social media and the positives and negatives that come along with this for our tweens and teens and how we should be helping our tweens and teens navigate their use when on social media.
- Jessica speaks about peer pressure and how we can talk and support our tweens and teens through this stage.
- Jessica talks about the “choose your own ending” element of her book and how this helps tweens and teens think about different scenarios and how this can help build confidence and clarity when faced with different situations.
- Tess and Jessica discuss how relaying past experiences to our tweens and teens and how it is a great way to connect.
- Jessica is most grateful for having the opportunity to do this kind of work and writing the books that she has written and being able to pass on her knowledge to her kids and others.
You can purchase Jessica Speers book here - Middle School – Safety Goggles Advised.
You can find out more about Jessica Speer here - www.JessicaSpeer.com
Sign up for the Tech Reset Masterclass here: https://mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/tech-reset-masterclass
⭐️Join MKF weekly Parenting Journal here: Mindful Kids and Families Journal
(Get ready for lessons, podcast leads, offers for parents and ways to win free parent coaching or masterclasses)
📧Connect with Therese (Tess) Connolly, LCSW, CCC here: [email protected]
Need 1:1 Support? Book right here to connect with Tess for a 20 minute FREE “Parent Reset” session: https://calendly.com/mindfulkidsandfamilies/20discover