76. SAT/ACT Myths
Tess Connolly LCSW talks with Helen Panos, an accomplished educator/instructional specialist with over 25 years experience in a public school system about 5 myths surrounding SAT/ACT and how to plan for your child’s success.
- Helen introduces herself to us and speaks about the work she does.
- Tess and Helen talk about the 504 plan and what that is and how this can help with getting accommodations to help when our children take their SAT/ACT.
- Helen talks about what the SAT’s and ACT’s are and explains them to us and the differences between the two.
- Helen talks about what the top five myths are and explains why these are myths -
1) “SAT is harder than the ACT”
2) “Wait to take the ACT/SAT till the end of your junior year”
3) “Only prep for ACT/SAT if you don’t have a high GPA”
4) “Because they are IQ tests it is impossible to study for them”
5) “Test scores don’t matter because schools are test optional”
- Helen explains the test format to us.
- Helen talks about some of the strategies that we can use with our children.
- Helen talks about encouraging parents to think ahead of time and when the best time is to start preparing for the SAT/ACT.
- Helen is most grateful for being able to run a company where she can help a lot of children.
Click here to learn more about Helen Panos and what she offers - Tutoring Services in Atlanta, Online & One-on-One Tutoring, SAT ACT Test Prep - Dynamis Learning Academy
Click here to get access to Helen’s FREE SAT/ACT Essential Student Guide.https://skilled-composer-2459.ck.page/710379d145
Sign up for the Tech Reset Masterclass here: https://mindfulkidsandfamilies.com/tech-reset-masterclass
⭐️Join MKF weekly Parenting Journal here: Mindful Kids and Families Journal
(Get ready for lessons, podcast leads, offers for parents and ways to win free parent coaching or masterclasses)
📧Connect with Therese (Tess) Connolly, LCSW, CCC here: [email protected]
Need 1:1 Support? Book right here to connect with Tess for a 20 minute FREE “Parent Reset” session: https://calendly.com/mindfulkidsandfamilies/20discover